Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chinese Chicken Salad and Spicy Ginger Dressing

Design*Sponge has a series called In The Kitchen With, featuring some inspiring recipes.  The series has also introduced me to a couple of great food blogs which are an endless source of inspiration for food and food photography.  For example, 101 Cookbooks' Stuffed Ricotta Pasta Shells - delish!  And now Kiss My Spatula's Chinese Chicken Salad with Spicy Ginger Dressing.

I seem to be on a bit of a ginger binge at the moment.  This salad is a perfect whip-together-in-a-flash Monday night recipe, it's healthy and tasty and the spicy ginger dressing is definitely a keeper for other dishes.

My take on it was much chunkier than the original recipe, with a few ingredient variations (red cabbage, no peanuts, dark brown sugar, celery), but the end result was polished off so quickly it's definitely going to be a repeater - perhaps for the BBQ I'm going to on Sunday.

I have to share their original photos as well because the look so much better than my iPhone snaps.


My chunky version




Image from Design*Sponge


Image from Kiss My Spatula


No comments:

Post a Comment