Saturday, May 26, 2012

May!? Where did you go?

Where did May go?  Where have you been hiding May? Now where are you off to?

Wow...May has been, quite possibly, the fastest and busiest month of my 29 years to date.

Combine a dramatic increase in workload and a three week overseas trip, beat in incredible deadlines and a hell of a lot of catching up, and you have... well, my May.  Oh well, back on the wagon.

I won't complain too much because my business trip was to Sydney (yes, yes, I know, you're thinking "how tough can two and a half weeks in Sydney be?") and allowed me to skip over the ditch to New Zealand and head back out to the farm for a few days.  Three perfect days at home - so good for the soul, so hard to leave.

Amid the insanity of a long business trip there were pockets of fabulousness:
  • Sunrise runs and one afternoon walk around the harbour waterfront (to keep my sanity).  I miss crisp clear mornings.
  • Catching up with friends over glasses of wine - it's always too long between visits
  • A fabulous Manly weekend (more on that later)
  • Great food, from fiery Thai street food at Home to an utterly delicious dinner at Cafe Sydney
  • Coffee... proper coffee... every day, strong, delicious (although can't resist saying that New Zealand still does it the best in the world)

Possibly the most photographed Sydney scene?

Morning running route (shot in afternoon)

Morning running route (shot in afternoon)

Sander trying out Phil's daily commute by ferry - tough life

Now I'm back in Singapore, I promise I will be a more diligent correspondent.  There are some exciting adventures ahead in June and July, in Singapore, Indonesia and Europe - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment