Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 30-Day Challenge: Daily Yoga Day 1

It's been three years since I've touched my toes... September is going to finish with my palms flat on the ground.

I've got my monthly unlimited pass for Yoga Movement, and day one got under way with hot yoga power.

Yoga Movement is a great little studio recently opened in Singapore.  Their philosophy is all inclusive, and non-binding.  Everyone is welcome, but you'll find no automatic payments or yearly contracts.  Simply pay as you go, or buy a multi-class bundle and show up.  The clean and minimalistic studio has two rooms - Biggie and Smalls (hot) - and is tucked away on Carpenter Road in Clark Quay.

Remembering how overwhelming my first few classes of Bikram were in New Zealand, I wanted to take it easy when getting back into it.  Hot yoga classes allow you to push harder and further than you'd usually be able to because your body is already so warm from the ambient temperature and I didn't want an injury on my first day!  Man, I'm glad I followed my own advice (doesn't always happen) - there were several moments where I took 'time out' on the mat with wobbly arms and tired legs.  I felt great afterwards though, even after so long, but man did  I sweat!  Even my shins were sweating, and I'm not sure that's possible.



Starting with the basics - downward dog


Need ideas for your own 30-day challenge?  Click here for my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment