Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why am I doing this??!!

Why oh why am I doing this?  A question I have asked myself about a hundred times over the last week as I contemplated starting this blog.

Primarily it's because of accountability.  People (who are these 'people'?) say that if you have a goal you should tell as many people as possible about it because then you are more likely to follow through and achieve that goal.  Whether this is due to being constantly reminded, fear of failure, guilt... who cares?  As long as you achieve it right?  Well, I figure that if I post my journey on the internet, the potential is there for a hell of a lot of motivation.

So what's my goal?  My goal is to lose 10kg in one year.

Yes, I know that a zillion people all around the world are making similar pledges this January after the Christmas/New Year celebrations, and I am one of them.  I have been one of them off and on for many years but many reasons have never stuck to it.  I intend to change that now.

My goal is also to achieve this without dieting (I hate diets) and without having to sacrifice living my life the way I want to.  The thought of giving up chilled glasses of chardonnay is horrible, as is social weekend brunches and dinners with friends.  So I'm setting my mind to a series of lifestyle changes and this blog will be about that journey (and anything else which crops up along the way!).

So here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment