Saturday, June 4, 2011

Campbell's Tomato Soup, Warhol Style

We have a really high stud in our apartment, almost like a mezzanine floor.  This means there is a lot of white wall space above our sofa begging to be filled.  Wait no more!


I love food enough to put it on my wall


The Journey

I cannot bring myself to tear pages out of magazines.  It somehow seems sacrilegious, like folding over the corner of a book instead of finding a book mark.  This means I'm often inspired by what I see and read, but then promptly forget it once the magazine is finished.  Once I bought an iPhone I had the solution - take a quick snap of the idea or inspiring image and it's stored away for future reference.  Now my image archive is full of home-wear items, design ideas, clothes, shoes... basically anything beautiful or eye-catching.

Which brings me to Warhol's iconic Campbell's Tomato Soup.  While flicking through an old issue of Hello magazine I came across an interview with a couple about their home.  The article itself wasn't that interesting (I have completely forgotten the who/what/where) but a piece of art on their wall stopped me.  ''I want this'', I thought.  Snap.




When getting ready for our April visit to Ho Chi Minh City we read that you can get paintings copied - eureka!  So off we went with an image in hand.  After two long months of waiting, they have finally arrived and they're every bit as good as I hoped.











We're still playing around a bit with the final layout.  Currently the center-left piece is sitting further out and we'll probably move the top-right piece up and out a bit too.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment