Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dine Out, Timeout, Great Time, Great Taste

The elements for a perfect Singapore evening came together for the Dine Out by the Bay tasting event: great food, great company, glass of wine in hand (not necessarily in that order).

Timeout Singapore brought together the restaurants of Customs House to showcase their wares and I was most certainly not going to disappoint them.

I employed my 'buffet strategy' for the evening, an initial tour of each restaurant's table to see what was on offer before making my choice.  This strategy also helps to make sure you taste all the delicious savories before moving on to sweet treats.  Although usually successful, I was thwarted by a few new dishes emerging from Kinko (Japanese) as I was biting into my salted caramel chocolate cup (where has rock salt + chocolate been all my life?) which looked so good I was forced to briefly revert to savories again.

There was such a wide variety of delicious morsels ranging from mini laksa to chorizo-stuffed mushrooms to tiramisu... but for me the highlights were clear.

Taste Highlights:
  1. Scallop carpaccio from Clifford
  2. Wasabi prawn with mango salsa from Jade
  3. Unagi sushi tempura-style from Kinki (the dish that made me go back)
  4. Salted caramel chocolate cups from Town 
  5. Mixed berry homemade popsicle from Frostbite
Visual Highlights
  1. Cupcake tower from Whips Cupcakes (all gone before I could sample, although I have it on good authority the Red Velvet was delicious)
  2. Salmon sashimi cones from Kinki


So many to choose from... how did I miss out?


Salted caramel chocolate cup perfection


Salmon sashimi cones

Mini laksa

Mojitos from Neuva Cuba


For $45 (wine included), the evening was a steal and the view across the water to Marina Bay Sands and the light show topped the evening.  I'll definitely be back.


Our evening wallpaper

P.S. In adding the links to each restaurant I've realised how many are in the Fullerton Hotel... clearly I must find an excuse to go there

No comments:

Post a Comment