Friday, September 23, 2011

Falling for Autumn and Primrose Hill


I can't tell you how much I have missed autumn weather. Freshly arrived in London with a beautiful sunny day in hand, I decided to shake off the post-13-hour-flight lethargy with a run around Primrose Hill.

My tropical blood isn't used to running in sub 28 °C temperatures so on went the long tights and long sleeves, and the novelties just didn’t stop.

Novelty Non-Singapore Running Sights:
  • Dogs off leads
  • Runners trails marked by hundreds of feet forging their own path off-concrete
  • Big green trees starting to turn
  • Gates from private gardens opening onto the park (lucky people)
  • Wolf whistles (in earnest or jest - who cares?!)
  • Tractors

I'm so glad I had my phone to take a few snaps, although I probably stopped every 200m to take a photo.

The last novelty is that I'm sitting on the balcony outside and I've already stopped sweating only 10 minutes later (tropical runners will appreciate this). It's the little things right?

Tomorrow Hampstead Heath is on the cards... maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to see my breath fog in the cold morning air!

Is there anywhere else I should go while I'm here?






1 comment:

  1. There are no people in these photos. A nice change from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete