Tuesday, July 17, 2012

May 30-Day Challenge - Get Flossing


For the past five weeks I’ve been saying to myself “when things calm down a bit I’ll be better with my blog”.  Well, guess what?  Things haven’t calmed down, but it’s amazing what eight hours of radio silence on a day flight can achieve!  

I owe you all so many updates – travel, food, challenges...  I’ve had three fabulous weeks travelling, eating myself silly, and two challenges have finished without a proper update – let’s change that.

Ok, May’s challenge – flossing daily.

I spend (too many of) my working hours up to my eyeballs in oral care and trying to persuade people to take better care of their teeth (with our products J ).  I could list you five reasons off the top of my head why we should all be flossing, but I was a complete hypocrite because I barely ever did it.  Why?  I don’t know... I’m inherently lazy, it takes too much time, I haven’t really had too many issues so far...  fairly typical excuses.  I always have floss in my handbag, but that’s just in case something gets stuck in my teeth when I’m out and about (an all-consuming annoyance) and the only time I’d but in a half-baked effort was about a week before I went to the dentist.  

That has all changed.  Flossing is brilliant!  Wow, I can’t believe I actually said that out loud – what a nerd.

Hand on heart, I did not miss a single day, and after a week I was flossing almost twice a day.  I’m a total convert.  It only takes a minute after brushing (what’s a minute?) and my teeth felt cleaner and whiter, and that ‘just brushed’ feeling lasted longer.

I’m going to get down from my high horse in a moment, but let’s just say I’m feeling pretty smug about going to the dentist in a few weeks – he’d better notice!

Ok, seriously, I’m going to stop talking about flossing now... (get flossing people!)... ok, really, now I’m done.


Photo by Pink Sherbet Photography (FlickR)

No comments:

Post a Comment