Sunday, February 20, 2011

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things


Now that I’m back from India it’s time to get back into the swing of things.

I have signed up for a new boot camp (which is conveniently operating out of the park right next to my condo) on Wednesday’s and Friday’s.  Friday morning was a bit of a shock to the system after two weeks of (I think we could say) gentle exercise, but it felt great to get back out there.  Boot camp is pretty much the best invention in the world for me.  I’m such an externally motivated person – there’s no way I’d ever push myself that hard or make myself do so many strength exercises.  And somehow it all seems a little more manageable if there are several other people sweating, grunting and sometimes swearing under their breath from the exertion. 

There was a smoothie revolution in my house while I was away.  A surprise blender purchase by my bf (vindication for losing a coin toss and therefore prioritising a magic stick purchase) has yielded some wild and wonderful results.  The best combination so far seems to be apple, banana, spinach, peanut butter, honey, LSA, ice and water.  Weird huh?  But so tasty!  The worst combination so far involved carrot... I love carrot juice, but carrot smoothie... a little too fibrous. 

Friday night was the best way to get back into the swing of things though – a Glee marathon, an anti-pasto platter and a few glasses of rosé.  I really do wish I was living in a musical... singing and dancing my way through life just seems so fun!



I also figure it’s about time to start running – put that on the list for next week.  I love how everything starts on a Monday J

In five minutes I have a Skype conference call with four fabulous friends who happen to be scattered all around the world – New Zealand, Australia, UK.  Better go and get myself plugged into the interweb!

Stay tuned sports fans...

No comments:

Post a Comment