Sunday, May 22, 2011

Simple and Satisfying


It's so hot in Singapore - hotter than the usual 32 °C.  This morning walking home from brunch I was seized by a sudden craving for an icy banana smoothie.  Cool, sweet, creamy and healthy.

Conveniently I was walking passed Starbucks so I nipped in, purloined two straws and stepped up the pace in anticipation (of being chased by Starbucks employees and of the smoothie).

I'm not sure if this even qualifies as a recipe - it's so simple.  But I had to share it because it was so so good.


Creamy Frozen Banana Smoothie

In a whizz, blend two frozen bananas, a few drops of vanilla essence, a couple of good shakes of cinnamon and two or three good hand fulls of ice.

Savor through a contraband straw.




Note: I would use the above quantities for one person usually, but today I was willing to share (must have been in a very pliable mood) with Sander.


I'll be putting straws on my shopping list for this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment