Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday Morning Ritual

Don't you just love Saturday mornings? The whole weekend is ahead of you, a bit of a sleep in, two full days without glancing at my Outlook calendar! I also love Sunday mornings, but they are just a little bit more poignant as the weekend is drawing to a close.

I've formed a bit of a Saturday morning ritual. As the Dutchman is a big fan of the snooze button, I often find myself with four (or so) glorious hours all to myself to waste or use selfishly as I see fit.

Lately my Saturday mornings have rolled out with certain reoccurring combinations.

Must Haves:
- Morning run before the full tropical heat sets in. Trust me, running in 32 deg C is not fun or easy.
- Earl Grey by the cup-full (LOVE morning cups of tea)
- FT Weekend on my little balcony (small private oasis of calm amid chaotic condo living)
- Blog update



Optional Extras:
- Catch up on episodes of my fav shows - Greys, Gossip Girl, Glee, Fringe, Vampire Diaries (guilty little now-not-so-secret indulgence)
- Latest Dish magazine
- Baking or cooking of some kind

This morning featured a slight variation - Dish magazine by the pool.


I know, I know, sunbathing is bad for you and prematurely ages you. Usually I'm not a sun-worshipper by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm heading back to New Zealand for a visit soon and I already get teased for glowing in the dark by my Dad via Skype. Imagine the ribbing I'll get when he sees me in person! I live in the tropics for crying out loud - shouldn't I be permanently bronzed? Anyway, a good fake tan is impossible to come by in Singapore and there's only so much my trusty Dove gradual tanning moisturizer can do (which reminds me, I need to stock up when I'm home...)

Tonight I'm heading off for a 30th birthday boat party - can't wait!! Especially as it's the Dutchman's turn to make pancakes in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment