Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ladies Who Brunch: To South Beach and Back

Yesterday's brunch stop was South Beach down by the water at Marina Bay.  They served their coffee in the sweetest blue cups (I had a long macchiato, so mine was in a glass, but you can see the saucer).



I really appreciate it when a cafe serves their coffee with a little something extra - usually a biscotti.  It doesn't happen a lot in Singapore so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover a sliver of chocolate biscotti perched next to my glass.

Coffee rating: 3/5

Not as good as Loysel's Toy (earlier post), but pretty good.  Rating also lower because I think they served percolated coffee to my friends disguised as a long black...


On the walk home I captured a couple of interesting things with my iPhone (desperately want to upgrade to iPhone 4 for better camera but locked in - damned contract).  I love wandering around a city, just looking around.  You never know what you come across if you keep your eyes open.



Crane curtain


Long strings of beautifully coloured paper cranes outside a gallery on Hill Street - just imagine the work which went into making them all!




I thought this was interesting - a shop dedicated solely to selling possibly the oldest book in the world looking distinctly modern and minimal.

And I made it home just before the thunderstorm (currently a daily occurrence).

No comments:

Post a Comment