Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Treadmill

In general, I'm not a big fan of the treadmill. 

Oh yes, there are certainly advantages - cooler temperature (air con in Singapore), easy control of heartrate with speed and incline.  But I just get so bored!  Especially last night when I forgot my iPod, but knew that if I went back up to get it Murphy's Law dictates someone would have nabbed the only free machine in the gym.  Staring out the window for 30 minutes just doesn't do it for me (admittedly this is better than staring at a wall for 30 minutes).



So far, my only successful attempt at reducing the boredom levels have involved my Harry Potter audio books.  If I had an iPad I could catch up on some of my favourite shows - Fringe, Gossip Girl, Greys (but not Glee, because Laura would kill me if I watched it without her) - but I don't have an iPad unfortunately.

What my gym needs is one of these:




Then you could upload different scenery programs and synch it with the treadmill program - mountains, forest trails, Champs Elysee... now that would certainly be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment