Monday, March 21, 2011

Meal in a Minute (or Fifteen)

On Monday evenings I have Dutch lessons at 7pm.  Usually this gives me an hour to get home from work and whip up something simple before my lesson.  Lately I have been too lazy to do the food shopping on the weekend which means I have to cram it into the precious hour after work and before Dutch.

So tonight's meal was extremely everything - quick, simple, tasty, healthy and flexible (any combo of ingredients works)

Super Quick Pre-Dutch Salad

Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas.  Chop up some cherry tomatoes, a red pepper, a handful of snow peas, a chunk of feta cheese, two spring onions, and some coriander.  Cut a toasted pita pocket into small triangles (I happened to have one in the freezer left over) and shred some lettuce.

Throw everything in a bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and toss.

I'm obsessed with good balsamic vinegar, so of course that went on at the last minute.

Voilà!



Note to Self: it's so confusing that spring onions are sometimes called green onions!

No comments:

Post a Comment