Monday, March 14, 2011

An Italian Affair

I'm eating humble pie.  Actually, the treadmill IS quite a useful piece of fitness machinery... at least for training within my heart rate zone.

The reason?  Cranking up the incline allows me to hit my target heart rate whilst walking (incline 7, speed 5.5), and read a magazine!

For the last two sessions I have been devouring my Dish magazine (the best food magazine in the world).

So good I bought the international subscription


I'm a huge fan of Italian cooking, and this issue completely indulges this love.  I am now salivating over the thought of a long Italian lunch... fritto misto, potato, baked pasta with pumpkin and amaretti, braised fennel, agnello alle olive, limoncello and raspberry tiramisu... oh stop it!

I'm dreaming of a summer's afternoon, a white-clothed table in the shade of a giant oak tree, laid with an assortment of crockery and cutlery, a gentle breeze, chilled wine, great conversation and dish after dish of sumptuous home-cooked morsels of goodness.



Clearly I would have biked into the village (I'm staying in an old villa, of course!) on a rickety old bike during the morning and returned with my bicycle basked laden with goodies from the market... ahhhh I love the Slow Food Movement!


One day I'm going to spend three glorious months living, cooking, eating and drinking in Italy... one day...

1 comment: