Friday, March 18, 2011

A Truer Word Was Never Spoken

"Rebecca, your only weakness is your stomach"

Infamous words spoken by my boot camp instructor this morning.

She was referring to my core strength, but her words ring true in many other areas of my life!

Basically anything to do with my stomach rules my day:
  • I can barely make it five paces if I don't have breakfast in the morning
  • I'm like Jekyll & Hyde if I don't eat regularly (scary), not to mention a complete drama queen
  • I'm obsessed with recipes and food magazines, and hate to cook the same thing twice
  • I think the egg is basically a perfect food item
  • I love wine, so much
  • Champagne is right for any occasion
  • If I'm bored, I find something to eat
  • Movies just aren't the same without popcorn
  • One of the biggest tragedies of moving to Singapore is the poor quality of coffee (thank god for Nespresso)
  • I find it very relaxing to chop vegetables, finely slice shallots and mince garlic
  • I'm happiest when sitting down to dinner with a great bunch of friends, great conversation and great wine
  • RJ's soft licorice is the perfect sweet treat
  • Living in a season-less country makes me miss seasonal goodies - feijoas, asparagus, stone fruit, berries
Ah no... now I'm not only hungry, but also homesick.




1 comment:

  1. This post makes me miss post-dinner flat supermarket runs. Marshmellows and RJ's much? Hmm, I feel an RJ's care package coming on.

    ReplyDelete