Saturday, March 5, 2011

Worth the Calories?

After a long afternoon sitting still and paying attention at my work conference on Wednesday an afternoon snack was delivered - spring rolls.  I was starving (it had been a long, long time since lunch) and after two morsels had been dispatched to my stomach a colleague turns to me and asks ''is it worth the calories?"

I had to admit, the answer was 'no'

It got me thinking though - what is worth the calories?

Worth the Calories

  • Wine
  • Dark chocolate (or black forrest)
  • Gin and tonic (but it would be awesome to find some lower calorie tonic that tastes good)
  • Cold beer on a hot afternoon
  • Peanut butter on hot vogels
  • Fries and aoli (but only on a hangover)
  • Jet planes
  • Movie popcorn



Not Worth the Calories

  • Spring rolls(!!)
  • White chocolate
  • Subway (I admit it, I'm a bread snob, and those rolls just don't cut it)
  • McDonalds/BK/KFC
  • Soft drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment